Monday 4 April 2011

Just pretty much finished the book plans.

Now on with the illustrations! lots to do, will post some bits tomorrow of what ive been doing!

Got my copy of Nobrow 5 today, making my collection up to date again, all nobrows 1-5.. Nerd!


Its a pretty beautiful book with a brill gold spot colour really setting it off.
Anyway theres a few pages I loved and they were the pages by

Jack Hudson, found his work a little while before nb5 came out and its so cool and chilled
www.jackhudson.eu

Bjorn Rune Lie and Rob Hunters pages are so nice, two of my three fav Bristol based illustrators, the other being Mr Mcnaught
www.bjornlie.com
www.rob-hunter.co.uk

and the brilliant page from the Golden Cosmos, I met them when I was in Berlin at their studio and I was shocked at how great their work was for their age, only a few years older than me, just finished uni and doing great, and such nice folk. Definately worth a look, and I believe Nobrow may sell their Degree show books which I need as they were OH SO BEAUTIFUL!
www.golden-cosmos.com

Now back to my book plans! only got 6 weeks to wrap up this project so need to get shifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment