Wednesday 30 March 2011

New book

Looking forward to starting my new book, been doing so much great research into Bauahaus, futurism, some amazing films by people like Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock, and been doing lots of planning and sketches. Ive posted a few tests recently of characters and ideas, been whipping out a ton of these the last few days on photoshop to try to really quickly get an idea of what characters and layouts work and what dont. I feel like im getting an idea now, and ive planned out the rough layout of the book and the plans for all the illos. The final pieces are going to be hand drawn in ink mainly, as well as a few paper cuts and lino prints. I think the general aesthetic of the pieces is really going back to a lot of my older pieces and developing ideas and styles, like the illustrations from my outsider submissions, as well as some of my liar liar project pieces, and my last big lino, which is further down my blog. With the new work I guess im trying to fuse those messy hand drawn styles with the sketches ive been doing recently inspired by futurist paintings, and the simplicity of bauhaus.

I hope to be able to post some work in progress snaps over the next few days of some of the finished pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment